cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poppah
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

VirusScan "competing program" problems

Runnning an older AMD processor (700MHz) with 256 RAM and XP - sp3. (Don't laugh, it's all I need for now). Have not updated since VirusScan V-10; purchased V-13 on-line but cannot install because the installer finds a competing product "eXtendia antivirus AVK pro". This program was on the machine for a short time while I worked through a "homepage hijacking" but was removed almost immediately. Every version of McAfee since has had the same problem - hence remaining with V-10. It is not on the add/remove program listing. Virtual Tech. finds no problems and the only references to this program I find using "search" are those informing me that McAfee can't install because of it.

I approach most reconfig operations with fear and trembling - any help, thoughts or recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Poppah
2 Replies
Riddlez
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

RE: VirusScan "competing program" problems

Could you use the Revo uninstaller ?

I have no experience with it, though.
Poppah
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Revo uninstaller

Down loaded Revo - looks great but can't find the AVK antivirus. Found a couple of references in the registry and deleted them but still no luck with McAfee installation. There has to be something left in the registry but I'm out of my depth here. I may have to go back to using AVK at this rate.

Thanks
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community