cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 11 of 24

RE: VirusScan Blocking Downloader as 'Trojan' (reply)

I think I have a copy of that file some where.. is it that board game where to match colors and win???????:p

hmmmmm
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 12 of 24

Thanks I just played one round it was the Bejweled 1.. will try the new version and see if its getting blocked by McAfee..

I love the Rocket mania more..;)
carolcaslow
Former Member
Message 13 of 24

VirusScan Blocking Downloader as 'Trojan' (reply)

I just tried both versions again. The old version (Bejeweled) seems to use a different file; it is the Bejeweled2 that is causing the problems. As soon as I click to install the ActiveX file, McAfee shuts it down and gives me that pop-up message. I never had this problem with Bejeweled2 until a couple weeks ago. (the graphics and sound are MUCH 'cooler' on B2!)

Carol
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 24

I was able to download it via this link without issue....

perhaps it there plug-in that has the issue on... was it the online version that you tried to play?
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 15 of 24

Negative

I played the online version without issues.

What browser are you using.. I tried it using Firefox... perhaps you are getting a bad redirected Active X....

It could be a real DNS changer that is redirecting you to a bad website....

You need to scan and clean the computer and update the Internet explorer and Firefox (if you have that installed)

Use these steps to scan the computer fully first and then update all and try after that...

also consider this free tool to remove all old JAVA files and update it to new ones.
carolcaslow
Former Member
Message 16 of 24

Yes, it is the online version I am using. If you download the 'free' full version, you can only use it a couple times then you have to pay for it. I play occasionally on the online version. If I disable my VirusScan completely, I can download the required ActiveX file and play the game. As soon as I reactivate the VirusScan, it finds & removes the file...again.
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 17 of 24

I was able to do that without issues (not turning off the McAfee )better scan the computer as I mentioned on the last post to be sure.:)
carolcaslow
Former Member
Message 18 of 24

I responded, but I don't think it posted..

What is this scan you are referring me to? I have a Windows Defender scan daily, Ad-Aware scan every other week, and VirusScan once a week - what am I missing? What is it I am scanning for? (I am starting to get a headache! LOL!)

Carol
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 19 of 24

Sometimes certain things by pass the scans esp if there are old JAVA remnants..

Hence

Use these steps to scan the computer fully first and then update all and try after that...

also consider this free tool to remove all old JAVA files and update it to new ones.
carolcaslow
Former Member
Message 20 of 24

Sorry, I had to take some time off messing with this to do some 'real' work - LOL!

I installed the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and ran the scan -- it appears to have removed 2 PopCap Registry Keys and one file labeled 'Trojan'. I also cleared the Java Cache. Returned to PopCap and tried to play Bejeweled2 online, and the same thing happened - "McAfee automatically blocked..." WHY? Why did it work just fine for a couple years, then suddenly now McAfee won't let me use it? I am very frustrated! I do appreciate all your help, but I am VERY frustrated!

Carol
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community