cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikelh
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Virus scan freeze after a scheduled scan was canceled manually - what to do ?

Hi

a scadual scan was automatically running and I needed to stop it because of something important I needed to do.

the scan as if stooped because I do not see real disk activity and when looking at the task manager I see that McAfee programs are not active in consumption of CPU.

But the shield show that it is continuing and so when seeing scan details it as if running.

I tried to cancel again stop what ever possible but nothing happens - what to do in order to return back to ideal situation.

I passed over different community posts but did not get the info to solve .

Thank you for your inputs

Michael

I am using the updated virus-scan plus + site adviser + firewall.

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: Virus scan freeze after a scheduled scan was canceled manually - what to do ?

That's because it has to complete its task in whatever section of the registry it was at and then produce a report and often it takes a long time to do that.    In fact at some stages a scan of any type can't be cancelled and that's why sometimes the Cancel button is greyed out.

To make sure your software is OK please run the Virtual Technician:  http://mvt.mcafee.com

If any further problems I suggest calling Technical Support, it's free by phone or online chat see the link below.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community