Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_20483
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Virus problem

Dear All,

I have Mcafee Antivirus + Antispyware running on my systems. We have one Mcafee server in our organizartion. From since 1 week we are receiving continuously the buffer overflow protection messages. Mcafee is installed and updated with all the latest patches but not able to remove the virus. Any idea you people have about that ???

2 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3

Virus problem

You should perform full on-demand scan under safe mode. Try to get sample which to upload to McAfee Labs and in the next 2-3 days they will create Xdat(extra detextion file) which could help you.

To find that virus you could use MS Autoruns.Also you could increase the Heusristic level that helps in many cases.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Virus problem

I think this might belong in the Business section, or perhaps in Security Awareness ....

Are you having this problem with McAfee's Enterprise (corporate) software, or with the Home & Home Office edition? What version of McAfee have you got installed?

Is it occurring on your server, or on clients on the network?

Could you take a screenshot of the messages? In the Home edition these display an exploit name, so perhaps yours will show more detail.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community