cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smatik
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Virus Scan stuck at 36%

My pc was running a scheduled scan and since I had to scan an infected pendrive immediately so I had to stop the current scheduled scan. Now the scan is stuck at 36% from the past few days and I am not able to stop it. The pause button is grey(which mean i cannot click on pause). I've restarted/turned off my laptop several times during past few days but it shows stuck at 36% always. I am not able to do quick scan of files which i download from the internet because of this. Is there anyway,like through command prompt, or by ending virus scan process in the task manager etcm, so that i can forcefully cancel "this" VirusScan?And what can I do so that this does not happen again in future? Its currently scanning RootKit.

My specs:

Dell Inspiron 15R 5537

Windows 8.1

2 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 3

Re: Virus Scan stuck at 36%

Could have

1 a bad sector on disk

Run a chkdsk if it never proceeds to completion.

Here's a tutorial on how to do it in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/6221-chkdsk-check-drive-errors-windows-8-a. html

2. Corrupted Mcafee install remove and reinstall

How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MC...

But first try

VirusScan stops scanning at 98% or 99% complete

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Re: Virus Scan stuck at 36%

Moved to VirusScan - Moderator

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community