Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shivani261994
Contributor II
Message 1 of 8

Virus Scan failed while downloading any file through internet

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am facing issues while downloading any file through internet, its giving Virus scan failed error. Please help me to uninstall and reinstall the antivirus software or provide any other alternative to resolve the issue.

Thanks.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 8

Re: Virus Scan failed while downloading any file through internet

Jump to solution

Hi @Shivani261994 

We are aware of this issue. Please try to delete the web Advisor folder from C: / Program Files/ program files x86/ Program Data. After deleting the files restart your PC and check the status. If issue persists Kindly let us know to proceed further.

Regards

Magesh J

View solution in original post

Shivani261994
Contributor II
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot. It worked.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Shivani261994
Contributor II
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution
Product name: McAfee LiveSafe
Version 16.0
Release name 16.0 R27

McAfee security center Build 18.7.132
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @Shivani261994 

We are aware of this issue. Please try to delete the web Advisor folder from C: / Program Files/ program files x86/ Program Data. After deleting the files restart your PC and check the status. If issue persists Kindly let us know to proceed further.

Regards

Magesh J

Shivani261994
Contributor II
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot. It worked.

Hollysutton12
Contributor II
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

What do we do when we can't delete the folder? It says it is open in another program but I have nothing else open on my computer

kattygirloak
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

I am also having this issue. 😞 I tried downloading the web advisor and it won't download either. Any assistance would be most helpful.

Hollysutton12
Contributor II
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

I’m sorry to say but I never resolved the issue 😞

McAfee don’t advertise a number you can call for customer support (we’ll it didn’t at the time, things might have changed since) and the online chat isn’t supported on mobiles and times out on the laptop so I never actually heard back from anyone except for the comments on here. 

I couldn’t get McAfee off my computer, so it pretty much rendered my entire laptop useless as I could no longer use it for work.

I ended up having to get a new laptop!

And to make matters worse.. they had my bank details so they renewed my subscription (I don’t remember authorising that but it’s not like I’m be able to contact them to complain). So I’ve had to pay for a service that I’m not using and essentially made my laptop unusable. 

You could try uninstalling it and hopefully you have more luck than me and it actually gets off your computer. But I would never reinstall it and I would never EVER in a million years ever use McAfee software again.

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Call McAfee support

Follow refund option and after you fill in the details a phone number will show up.

That for others who wonder.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community