cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MelGO
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Virus Scan Plus 2009 installed with 3 user Internet Security soon to expire.

I have alaptop with 3 user Internet security on it due to expire on the 26th Oct 09. I have then bought a cd with VirusScan plus 09 and installed it prior to the 3 User expiring.

My Security Centre still shows my subscription expiry on the 26th Oct 09 for the 3 User but no info on the new Virus Scan Plus. I can however see it on my Account page with both products listed.

what will happen after the 26th?....will the 3 User stop working and the VirusScan will still be in place to protect my laptop with regular updates.? Will I see new info on the Security Centre about my VirusScan product or will it just show that my 3 User subscription has expired? If so, how do I fix this? and is my VirusScan subscription still be valid? I have registered and activated the new VirusScan as required with MCAfee when installed and is valid till 17/10/2010 as shown on My Account page.

Thanks,
David
1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

RE: Virus Scan Plus 2009 installed with 3 user Internet Security soon to expire.

Subscription questions are best answered by Customer Service which you can contact free of charge through the link at top of this page, second from the left.

You would have been best advised to uninstall everything, clean up using the MCPR tool (in my signature) rebooting and reinstalling.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community