Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_89688
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Virus Protection turns off

Hello,

I'm hoping that someone can help me out. Quite often, when I turn my computer on, I get a message from the Windows Security Center, I can't remember the exact message but basically it said one of the security options didn't start. Selecting the message opens the Windows Security Center and I find the Malware Protection section is red. I open this and the Virus Protection (McAfee VirusScan) option is off. This doesn't happen every time, but quite often.

I've turn this back on again and again, but this still keeps happening. What do I need to do to keep this option from turning off?

Thanks,

Jim
Labels (2)
Tags (3)
1 Reply
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

RE: Virus Protection turns off

Hi,
Pleas clarify,
Did you receive any kind of alert/advertisements or pop-ups in the computer?
Check the DAT version and Engine version of McAfee Virus scan (Open Security center-click on about in the Right hand bottom panel-check the Build version and DAT version for McAfee Virus scan)?
Perform the McAfee Virtual Technician in both computer and post the session ID http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/default.asp
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community