Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishnupriya1505
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Virus Protection in Snoozed status

Hi,

My McAfee Anti virus software is valid till August 2013. I was not able to make the "The Real Time scanning" ON from yesterday. The current status of the Virus Protection is "SNOOZED".Can anyone let me know how to change the status? 

Thanks in advance!!!

Vishnu

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: Virus Protection in Snoozed status

Hello Vishnu,

I've never heard of that one before and can't find any reference to it anywhere.  Have you tried rebooting to see if it was merely a problem coming out of sleep mode or hibernation mode?

There are a couple more things you can try with the last one being the drastic fix.

1.  Try running the Virtual Technician to see if it can fix it:  http://mvt.mcafee.com ....or if not successful....

2.  Uninstall all McAfee via Control Panel, then run the MCPR cleanup tool listed under Useful Links at the top of this page, reboot and reinstall from your online account.

If those fail to fix it then I suggest contacting your local Technical Support by phone or online chat, it's free and also linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

vishnupriya1505
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Thanks a lot for your reply Peter. The actual problem was due to a recent windows configuration happened on my laptop. When I reset my computer settings as of past and on rebooting my machine it worked. The status of Real Time scanning has become ON 🙂

Thanks,

Vishnu

flpice
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

I have same problem what did you do to fix it?

m mcafee just stay's in snooze mode nomatter what i try uninstalling it and it don't even uninstall

because it shows up as a white blank space the whole mcafee thing

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 6

vishnupriya1505 wrote:

Thanks a lot for your reply Peter. The actual problem was due to a recent windows configuration happened on my laptop. When I reset my computer settings as of past and on rebooting my machine it worked. The status of Real Time scanning has become ON 🙂

Thanks,

Vishnu

Glad you fixed it.  Perhaps you could enlighten flpice as to what you did.  Otherwise I think Technical Support is their best bet.  It's free and available by phone or online chat through useful Links at the top of this page.

vishnupriya1505
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

I hope you are using Windows 7 like me. I did the following steps.I guess it will be helpful for u too

1) Under Control Panel -->Systems and Security --> Action Center --> Restore your computer to an earlier time

2) Check for the most recent system changes happened. I had this problem from 14th of Dec 2012.So I restored my system to an earlier date 13th of Dec 2012

Automatic restart will happen.Even then Mcafee's real time scanning was not on. It asked for a reboot. I manually did it. It worked.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Message was edited by: vishnupriya1505 on 12/18/12 3:59:02 PM CST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community