Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
copcruisers
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Verizon FiOS, Unable to Download VirusScan, Error 12002

Hello,
Using Win XP Pro, IE7 and Mozilla (same issue with both), and have tried everything I can think of. I have no issues downloading large files from other sites.

I am able to download and execute DMSetup.exe. I can download and install the firewall and McAfee Security Center just fine. I have tried a standard install, and also custom just selecting the VirusScan program.

I get to between 3-5Meg of the download of the (51Meg), then the Verizon modem hangs. I have to do a hard reset on the modem. All other internet access is lost when the modem hangs.

I have tried technical support via the chat three times. As a result, I have deleted all temp files, reset IE7, tried to download in safe mode with networking, all to no avail.

I have checked to make sure I have no accelerator programs running.

I also called technical support, but was left on hold for 52 min when transfered from customer support to technical support.

I would assume there is a setting on the Verizon FiOS modem that needs to be changed to get the download through, but I have no idea.

Anyone have an idea for me to try?

Ken
2 Replies
Borelli
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

RE: Verizon FiOS, Unable to Download VirusScan, Error 12002

Maybe firewall permissions? Don't know what firewall you have but you might try setting it at a lower security state temporarily ... Since the McAfee agent uses IE as connection by default you might also try resetting IE (in advanced), use medium "internet zone" within IE.
copcruisers
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

RE: Verizon FiOS, Unable to Download VirusScan, Error 12002

Thanks. I had tried that, turned off the firewall of the modem. Its really wierd. For some reason it locks up the modem itself. McAfee gave up, so I paid for a disk to be mailed to me.

Ken
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community