Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gel
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Verify subscription

Hello
I un installed my McAfee from one of my computers because I thought I was going to get a new one.
I did not get the new PC so re installed McAfee It is provided by Dell.
All went well with the re installation, but I have been unable to 'verify Subscription' which I am being asked to do before I can get updates.
Can you help please
I run XP Windows home edition.
I just have the 2 computers
Thank you
gel
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
2 Replies
Jubo
Contributor III
Message 2 of 3

RE: Verify subscription

Moved your post to a more appropriate forum where you'll get the right attention.

Did you uninstall the McAfee program through "Add/Remove Programs" in Windows "Control Panel" and then used the McAfee removal tool? See this article: How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products ...

From which site did you re-download and nistalled the McAfee software? Was this the McAfee site or the Dell site?

How is your Windows version? Have you checked if it's up-to-date and has the latest patches and updates installed? Check here at the Microsoft Update website.
gel
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Verify subscription

Hello and thank you very much for your helpful comments.
I am pleased to say that all appears now to be be well and I am fuctioning normal again
Thank you
gel:)
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community