Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baxfan
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Validate Software, is this true?

Hi,

I'm running Virus Scan v. 13.3 since 12/08. It works fine, but every now and then, for about the last two months, something odd happens. When online, a bell goes off, my security center window pops up saying I am not fully protected. A red X suddenly appears on my McAfee icon in the bottom right of my screen. The fix now option wants me to click on Verify Subscription. I never have. I restart my computer, McAfee works fine, and I am fully protected again. Is this normal or does something seem fishy to you as it does to me?
All my updates seem to be up to date.

Any help would be appreciated.
3 Replies
Riddlez
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

RE: Validate Software, is this true?

I've seen it before, although not recently.
I've no idea why it happened, probably nothing to worry about, but if you're concerned about malware, you could try a scan by McAfee, and by the free antispyware applications SAS and MBAM.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 4

I would suggest following through with the prompt and actually verifying the subscription.
Riddlez
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I feel stupid for overlooking that.

Yes, that's a smart thing to do.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community