Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ms421
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Update question?

Jump to solution

Can someone please tell me what the latest Dat version is? I received 6830, yesterday, but have been unable to receive one, today . . . every time I manually update, it shows my program is up to date . . . thanks! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ms421
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Re: Update question?

Jump to solution

Thanks Ex-Brit . . . it came through this morning at 5:00 am . . . the next one came through at 5:00 pm this evening . . . I'm still gun shy after the bad dat event a couple of weeks ago . . . appreciate your taking the time!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

That's not abnormal behaviour.  Occasionally a DAT may be withdrawn for whatever reason or it may be simply a case that it was released to the servers late and is taking time to reach all parts of the world.

The latest release can be read here, but please note, that is an Enterprise/Business page for a different product so it more often than not at least one ahead of whatever everyone has:

http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security-updates/security-updates.aspx

The consumer product up to and including SecurityCenter version 11.x/VirusScan 15.x can be updated from that site, see:  https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2155

Later versions can not as they have a different kind of engine.   McAfee are working on a method for manually updating those.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/09/12 6:06:52 EDT AM
ms421
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Thanks Ex-Brit . . . it came through this morning at 5:00 am . . . the next one came through at 5:00 pm this evening . . . I'm still gun shy after the bad dat event a couple of weeks ago . . . appreciate your taking the time!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

I don't blame you for being gun shy...LOL

All the best.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community