Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 15

Re: Update installation error

Escana, I trust this is Windows 7 SP1 and that you have IE11 installed?  This is important even if you never use IE because McAfee's interface depends on it.

I moved this to the VirusScan sub-section by the way as that's more apprropriate assuming it's the home product you have insdtalled.

Open SecurityCenter and click "About" for the details.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 12 of 15

Hi Escana,

I would suggest you call McAfee's Technical Support for free and have your issue addressed. Please click here to contact McAfee Tech Support.

Good luck..!

Escana
Former Member
Message 13 of 15

Thankyou Cliff and good luck with your surgery.

To answer various points: I have internet explorer 11 though I rarely use it.  Yes, it is windows 7 sp 1.

I have looked on both my laptop and my desktop (Vista)   My affld is 540

I appear to have two different builds although I have a three licence product.

The build on the desktop is the 12. one that you mentioned but the build on the laptop is 11.6.511.  How can this be so?  .  I remember having trouble putting the product on my laptop and a very antiquated version totally different from the one on my desktop appearred.  I spent some time on the phone to tech support at that time and thought it had been resolved but it seems the product on my laptop is always behind then. 

The security centre on my laptop last updated 16/5/13.

Thank you all for your suggestions.  I will try to resolve it as you say, and if not I will call Tech support.  I will post back with results either way, but probably not til next week now.  Thanks again.

Message was edited by: Escana on 5/23/14 2:41:24 AM CDT

Message was edited by: Escana on 5/23/14 2:42:59 AM CDT

Message was edited by: Escana on 5/23/14 2:49:57 AM CDT
Escana
Former Member
Message 14 of 15

I will try the suggestions here and if it doesn't resolve the issue then I will call them.  Thank you all for your suggestions ...I will post back with the results as I know from experience on other forums,  how frustrating it can be when people don't let you know how they got on.  May not be til next week though.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 15

Again, you are quite welcome. As for my surgery,I just had it in the last 5 days. So I have to take it easy, not something For me to do. Now I digress.

That was why I asked you for your Affld:#, for as you clearly just indicated. On your Laptop, the build is behind. However, since you initially stated,it came installed upon purchase. It could be that the Partner (Which does happen) usually lags behind.

When you renewed,did you renew directly from McAffe? The reason I ask,is you have different versions?

The affld: 540 indicates otherwise. Like you I am perplexed as to why you have (2) different builds,under the same license?

Your desktop however,seems current with the latest build. My suggestion would be still, follow the instructions given in the link given,and see if when you Download/Reinstall from your account, see if your Version/Build becomes current, like your Desktop.

Thank You for your concern, I just have to pace myself. Please post back your results. As has been suggested, if a Clean/Uninstall/Reinstall does not solve your issues. You can always contact support (Free)

I also assume this is Vista Service Pack 2, fully updated to include Internet Explorer, even if you do not use it. McAfee does.

This is to include all of your Add-ons, Especially Adobe Flash Player  ( 13.0.0.214 )

All the very Best,

Regards,

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 5/23/14 6:46:00 AM EDT
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community