cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwirwin
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Update Error: Reinstall VirusScan Plus - Problem Persists

Starting a few days ago I am getting an error when trying to Update that says I need to re-install VirsuScan Plus.  I tried the Virtual Technician and it said I needed a new DAT file, which I then allowed it to fix.  Virtual Tech then says everything is fixed so I go to check for updates again.  Again I get the same error when it tries to update.  I tried re-installing from my disk but am I getting same error upon first update.  Any ideas?  I have version 13.15 according to Security Center.

2 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3

Re: Update Error: Reinstall VirusScan Plus - Problem Persists

Use MCPR.exe to uninstall McAfee. Find steps below.

1. Download the removal tool from: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe 
  2. Click Save and save the file to a folder on your computer.
  3. Navigate to the folder where the file was saved.
  4. Make sure all McAfee windows are closed.
  5. Double-click MCPR.exe to run the removal tool.

NOTE: Windows Vista users must right-click MCPR.exe and select Run as Administrator.

6. Restart your computer after receiving the message CleanUp Successful.
    Your McAfee product will not be fully removed until the system is restarted.

Run Windows Installer CleanUp utility to ensure that there are no traces of McAfee software.

Reinstall McAfee and Run updates, this should help.

Let us know the outcome

ligand
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: Update Error: Reinstall VirusScan Plus - Problem Persists

Hi,

after I reinstalled Windows and McAfee after catching a virus, the computer now gets slower and slower during an internet-session. Do you have an idea to solve this problem?

Thanks!!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community