cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marya
Former Member
Message 311 of 317

Re: Unable to use Windows after updating the DAT file

I am still waiting to hear from someone about my issues.  I have received new errors now.  I got two svchost.exe error about 0x006a3772 reference memory at 0x008019b0.  The memory could not be read.  I also got a message 0x006a193e reference error at 0x006c7e0c.  The memory could not be written.  I would really appreciate some help with this.  I have been waiting since Monday to get this resolved.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 312 of 317

Marya,

I have given your information to our technical guys, and they told me they will be looking into it and contacting you. Please give them a little time, as they have a queue they must also service at the same time as helping out with the community customers.

marya
Former Member
Message 313 of 317

When they called yesterday, I was not home at the time.  I am home all day today.  I was online chatting with tech support this morning.  They said my issue has been escalated to tier 2.  They said someone would call me within 24 hours.  I really do not have much faith in your support team.  I am getting very impatient waiting to get this resolved.  I need my computer for work.  I have been working on this since Monday.

marya
Former Member
Message 314 of 317

Thanks to Dinesh I was finally able to have my issue resolved.  He said it was not the .dat file, but that I had got a critical virus.  (SysInternal Antivirus)  Dinesh was able to remove the threat and clean my computer of all problems.  He was very helpful.  I only wish I could have talked to him earlier in the week.  So far all is well.  Thank you, Dinesh!!

rickjohn
Contributor
Message 315 of 317

Hi Somer,

Sorry I took so long to get back to you. I was trying to figure out how to deal with your technical support people when I don't have easy access to my mothers computer.

I was able to visit her this weekend to try a few things. I ran the system file checker again (it didn't do anything the first time when all of this started) to see what would happen.

After if finished, when I tried to start the Windows Audio Service I received the same error message. I then was going to check the registry & compare it to my computer's. I thought maybe a dll file or something was missing.

I went back to the services window and opened the properties window for the audio service. For the heck of it I clicked on the start button in the properties window and guess what......it started!!!  The sound card works fine now. I'm sure that we tried clicking the start button earlier with no luck.

I can turn the service off and back on with out any problems. Don't know what happened, but right now I really don't care.

So far every thing else seems to be working OK.

Thanks for your help,

RickJohn

Peacekeeper
Message 316 of 317

Thanks Rick for the update.

Koala2
Contributor
Message 317 of 317

I don't understand why "jkraemer" didn't get his two years for free.

Over here the compensation was promised and correctly executed.

Mc Afee extended my protection into 2012.

Greetz

K2

Message was edited by: Koala2 on 11/21/10 5:28:32 PM CST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community