cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 211 of 317

Re: Unable to use Windows after updating the DAT file

Hooray!! So glad to hear it!!! Have a lovely day in Amsterdam (but there is no way the weather could be prettier than it is in Texas right now!!)

Take care!

daydreamer
Contributor
Message 212 of 317

Hi Somer thanks for your reply, have sent what I hope are correct details.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 213 of 317

Thanks! I've already sent a message to our customer service team.

maruxa
Contributor
Message 214 of 317

have a great day you too ! Not too bad weather in Amsterdam...

BigJ
Former Member
Message 215 of 317

Peacekeeper wrote:

Remember to contact Chat and request a 2 year free extension to your subscription You are entitled to it if you have had this issue.

Hi Tony I got my 2 year extension by calling 1-866-622-3911here in the U.S.. My 2 year extension will be added iwithin next 30 days. I would not go to chat!! I had no problems on customer service phone line. Just gave her my phone number and email address and she verified my subscription and that was very easy and she was very polite.

Jerry

missteekie
Contributor
Message 216 of 317

emmmmmm well ... I accepted a year,  I feel rather foolish now.  Particularly as the repair at PC World cost me £70.

I would have thought McA knew who received the duff download, therefore they know who should be compensated,  I think I just felt so happy that I'd not lost April's photo folder, which was the only thing not backed up.

But I have to say,  I have received many emails now, with direct personal offer of help.  As I did not repair the machine myself I'm holding on for the moment just in case, since PC World (repairers) had problems with the copy and paste issue, which is working, after being checked in the i.e. ..... which as they said seemed strange.

I suppose I'm hanging around,  to keep my finger on the pulse .... don't want to be caught again.  But I would never have connected the DAT with the windows failure.

Regards to everyone, especially those trying to help.

songsmith
Former Member
Message 217 of 317

hello nSomer.

Hope you're we"ll and thanks again for the help.

I'm having difficulty getting through by 'phone to the UK or French mcAfee helplines or the 'chat' ssytem.

Can I lodge my request for two years of free service via this community. I'd hate to get lost in the confusion...?

thanks

mick

Peacekeeper
Message 218 of 317

You should get reasonable costs back for a PC shop to fix the issue.

Ditto 1 year recontact and ask for 2 years.

big-w
Former Member
Message 219 of 317

Somer:

I hope you can help here.  I have been disabled since Weds.  When I finally found the cause on Thurs., I attempted to apply the fix, but had no success.  I called customer support last Friday, and was assigned a case number, and was promised a call this Monday at 7:00 AM from what sounded like a "Ten Year Technician??"  because the rep said he was not capable of fixing my problem, and it would have to be escalated to the next level.

When 7:30 came, and I still had no call, I called back and was told I should have actually waited until 10:00--he was never meant to call at 7:00????  When nobody called at 10, I called and spoke to a supervisor who told me I would get a call by 12:45 today.  Still no call!!!  I am EXTREMELY disaapointed with McAfee!!!!!!

My case number is 493975980.

HELP!!!

songsmith
Former Member
Message 220 of 317

Big Bill

See my message (N°198 on page 14)

I used the link to get a piece of software which fixed this netbook quickly and easily.

Now no probs and updated to the most recent McAFEE protection.

mick smith in france.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community