cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaver1
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Unable to save router configuration

Windows Vista SP1, Dell Vostro (Main PC), 2.66Ghz Core Duo, Dell Latitude D630, Dell GX620, D-Link DGL-4500 (firmware 1.15), Xbox 360, ATT Uverse DSL connection. Everything is hardwired except the laptop.

I am unable to save / update my router configuration even after disabling the firewall on my Dell Vostro. The other PC / Laptop were disconnected from the network and powered down. I was trying to add my new laptop to the DHCP reservation list and open a TCP / UDP port for Windows Media Center. I entered the information and hit save. The router starts to save and then I get an IE “unable to connect error”. I have to hit refresh button to get back to the router page and no information is saved. I have tried disabling the firewall and power cycling the router. I still get the same results. I was finally able to enter the info by disabling the firewall and pushing the reset button on my router. I first save the router configuration info, but it would not reload after the reset. I am not sure if that is related, but I had to manually enter everything into the router.
Is there an easier way to release the router so I can enter and save the configuration info?

I posted this message after resetting the router a few times and manually entering the router configuration data. I should have cut and pasted the MAC Address for my Laptop before I started and typed the port settings correctly in the router the first time. The last time I entered the info I forgot the time and date, so it is incorrect. The router will not save the NTP server data, or copy and save my PC time. I hope there is an easier way than resetting the router just to correct the January 2004 Tijuana time / date. 😉

Thanks,
G
2 Replies
apkosm
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to save router configuration

are you able to access your router's admin panel using 192.168.0.1 ?

If yes there you can make configurations to your wireless network !

rahulroy
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to save router configuration

The configuration of the router that resets after you reset and if you need to upgrade your computer or laptop in time so that you can use 192.168.1.1 again.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community