Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steveo46
Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: UPDATE CHECK

Peter,

This is starting to confuse me.Was the mertool supposed to be a fix.Again I get the right date as the day goes on.After a auotmatic update should the main security page change where it say's update check immediatly.Like I said if I click on the about on the main sercurity page Itsay's last update 11/17/09.Now the main sercurity page will change during the course of the day.What was that mer tool for.I saw it do alot if scanning.

I know you are really busy I just want to know if it is normal not to recieve the update on the security p[age take awhile before it p[osts today's date.

Steve

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 16

Steveo46 wrote:

Peter,

This is starting to confuse me.Was the mertool supposed to be a fix.Again I get the right date as the day goes on.After a auotmatic update should the main security page change where it say's update check immediatly.Like I said if I click on the about on the main sercurity page Itsay's last update 11/17/09.Now the main sercurity page will change during the course of the day.What was that mer tool for.I saw it do alot if scanning.

I know you are really busy I just want to know if it is normal not to recieve the update on the security p[age take awhile before it p[osts today's date.

Steve

No, none of these things are fixes, only means to get logs of various descriptions for a Tech to look at.  Yes it appears that behaviour with the date is normal on some machines.

Steveo46
Contributor
Message 13 of 16

Peter,

I am just about ready to quit on this problem Yes I get the updates.I am protected.It just takes awhile for the UPDATE CHECK on the main security page to change but it will post today's date eventually.Like I said my Dad has a similiar problem.Why did I run mertool for a fix or for information for the tech.Should I decide to go to tech support could you advise how I DON'T WANT INDIA. I still ahve a open ticket for 2 weeks.

Thanks For all your work,

Steve

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 16

Steveo46 wrote:

Peter,

I am just about ready to quit on this problem Yes I get the updates.I am protected.It just takes awhile for the UPDATE CHECK on the main security page to change but it will post today's date eventually.Like I said my Dad has a similiar problem.Why did I run mertool for a fix or for information for the tech.Should I decide to go to tech support could you advise how I DON'T WANT INDIA. I still ahve a open ticket for 2 weeks.

Thanks For all your work,

Steve

If it eventually changes anyway, I wouldn't worry about it at all.  All I was trying to do was to obtain some logs to send to one of the forum technicians we deal with directly because I thought you wanted me to.  If it's working OK then perhaps that's unnecessary.   If you contact support you are bound to get either India or the Phillipines, sorry, but that's where all the technical support centers are.

Steveo46
Contributor
Message 15 of 16

Hi Peter,

I just want to say Thank You for all your help.I spoke to India & they tried to convince me everything is ok.I am still not sure about it, but I will let it go.Anyway again thanks a million for all your help.

Very Much Appreciated,

Steve

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 16

You're most welcome.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community