Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steveo46
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

UPDATE CHECK WRONG DATE

Hi Peter,

I was doing a google search on Mcafee Updates & ran into a couple of posts you have had with a few people back in October.One person was from the U.K..He said he would get a automatic Update from McAfee & the date on the security page where it has system information did not change.He had mentioned that if he did a manual update the date would change. .Do you recall that conversation.You had mentioned it probally was a glitch & would disappear when we get a new user interface.You had even put a snap shot of the new interface.That is the problem I have been having all along.My question is you said that the new interface is in beta right now.Do we have to pay for it or would it just be a update.Remember you brought it up in your phone call with McAfee.So it is a known problem.Tech support took remote access of my computer & said the reason the date doesen't change is because of my O.S.

I know better then that.They just wrote it off to my operating System.Never had any problems with my computer & this was escalated to the hightest Tech there is.So it is a known problem & other people are having the same problem.The update check does not change the date.I been having this problem since I renewed my subscrption back on 10/2/09.Your conversation with these people were in October.

Thanks As Alway's

Steve

7 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Re: UPDATE CHECK WRONG DATE

We've had no update on this issue either so not sure where they stand on it.

Steveo46
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Peter,

You don't remember the conversation with these people 1 was from the U.K.& There was someone else with the same problem.If you do google search when you have the time put in "Why does the update check not change on the McAfee main page".I tried to copy & paste the conversation you had but it didn't work. If you do that google search you will see your whole conversation as well as the screen shot of the new user interface page.It was back on 10/24.I know your really busy with the board but if you get a chance look at the conversation you had with them.

Thanks

Steve

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

I remember it fine and feeling very frustrated that I couldn't find a solution.

Steveo46
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Hi Peter,

Dosen't it make sense that it is a McAfee glitch.It is having the SAME problem on multiple machines.Not just mine.Also I had mentioned I am not sure if you did that Google search but you did put a snap shot of the new User Interface.I believe you had said it is in beta testing.If & when is it released will it cost money or we would just get the UI update When it is available.Tech support said it is comming real soon.

Thanks A Million Peter,

Steve

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

You'll get the new UI automatically once released as long as your subscription is current.   It'll be one that requires a reboot of course, bacause every part of the UI will be upgraded.

Steveo46
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Hi Peter,

Thanks As Alway's

Steve

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

You're welcome.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community