cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Outtheblue60
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Turning off Scanning of Screensaver Downloads

Everytime I download a Screensaver and try to open the file, I get a message saying, "We're scanning your download just  to be safe",  and it prevents me to get the screensaver.  How do I turn disable this type of scanning?

1 Reply
Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Turning off Scanning of Screensaver Downloads

Hi @Outtheblue60,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, We will help you. Please provide us more information to check on this issue.

1. When you click on the downloaded screensaver - what happens? - Are you getting any error message?
  2. If Yes, please provide us with screenshots.
  3. Please check if you have McAfee Web-Advisor installed as an extension on the browser.
  4. If so, please remove the extension, add it once again and try downloading the screensaver.

You can download McAfee Web-Advisor again using the below link:

McAfee Web-Advisor

Regards,

Allwyn I

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community