Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
octavp_2000
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

TrojanDownloader win32 renos.lx detected by windows defender

Hello,

I have mcafee installed on my conputer but it seems that is not able to detect the above mentioned trojan. The problem is that ebven though windowsdefender finds it I csannot remove the damn thing.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Octavp

1 Reply
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: TrojanDownloader win32 renos.lx detected by windows defender

This document from McAfee will help you in resolving your issue(s)

Please be sure to run the McAfee Stinger scan included within the document. If you have no success in any of the recommendations in the document, you might consider running the free version of this program http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php by downloading this onto a usb stick on a non infected pc by renaming the download and installation files to something you can easily remember as virus and malware are written to self protect themselves. When you rename the files you can usually get the program installed and after installation check for the latest updates and run the program and let it clean everything it finds and reboot the computer.

Let us know if this works for you and good luck

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community