Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
palafico
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Total Protection Won't Remove Trojans

Jump to solution

Hi. I've been using McAfee for the past year and a half, and recently I did a scan. I was curious and I pressed the scan results. This is what I found-

Trojan5.jpg

This says that I have 5 trojans on my computer, and McAfee hasen't resolved it at all.  It said I had no threats or problems before, and I ran some scans afterward and it's still there. I tried going into navigation and manually deleting it but it didn't show up. I'm scared for my security and am getting paranoid that it could end up being very serious... such as credit card info. being stolen or God knows what. Could someone please help me? Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
newjack
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Re: Total Protection Won't Remove Trojans

Jump to solution

You should be able to open Mcafee.Then click navigation (top right)then click history and logs.You will see threats detected.It should be in there.You coulsd also download the free version of malwarebytes from www.malwarebytes.org or from www.filehippo.com.This is a great program to have on your computer for a second opinion.If you are lucky This could be a false possitive.I had 1 awhile ago and everytime a scan was done it added another trojan to the count.So keep in mind that that log is the total for the entire time you have had Mcafee.It could be an item you added a few weeks ago that keeps coming up.But to be on the safe side I would try to see what it is first.Good luck

View solution in original post

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

That means it did remove and quarantine trojans.  The details of same should be in the Quarantine folders.  

Double-click the taskbar icon to open SecurityCenter

Click Navigation (top right)

Click Quarantined and Trusted Items

Click the sections to expand and you can delete or reinstate whatever is listed by highlighting them.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 25/04/11 6:57:26 EDT PM
newjack
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

You should be able to open Mcafee.Then click navigation (top right)then click history and logs.You will see threats detected.It should be in there.You coulsd also download the free version of malwarebytes from www.malwarebytes.org or from www.filehippo.com.This is a great program to have on your computer for a second opinion.If you are lucky This could be a false possitive.I had 1 awhile ago and everytime a scan was done it added another trojan to the count.So keep in mind that that log is the total for the entire time you have had Mcafee.It could be an item you added a few weeks ago that keeps coming up.But to be on the safe side I would try to see what it is first.Good luck

newjack
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

This may also be helpful to try https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1294

palafico
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks for the tips. Fixed it! There was 1 trojan left, the others were quarentined like Ex_Brit said.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

OK, good luck.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community