cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgrev16
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Total Protection 2010 Realtime Error

I am running Total Protection 2010. I have a Realtime Error on it. I try to turn it on and it goes on then off right a way. Is there anything I can do to fix this or do I just have to reinstall it?

3 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: Total Protection 2010 Realtime Error

Hi dgrev16,

Please check the following and run the OAS disabled fix tool to turn on the real time scanner.

Check and delete if you find third party security programs in add/remove programs

Navigate to C:/program files & common files and delete if you find any third party security software folders

Download and save the utility from the link below to your desktop:

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/oas-disabled-fix.cmd

Double-click the oas-disabled-fix.cmd tool.

NOTE: Windows Vista and 7 users should right-click oas-disabled-fix.cmd and select Run as Administrator.

If you receive the error StopService: Unable to open service McShield via SCM (5), press  CTRL+C to terminate the process.  You will be prompted to terminate the batch job. Type Y and press ENTER. Run the oas-disabled-fix utility again.

Restart your computer and ensure that McAfee Security Center shows that Real-Time Scanning is enabled.

Restart thne computer after running the tol and now the real time scanner shouls stay enabled.

Do report back if you have any other issues

Moving thread to virus scan 14 2010

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

dgrev16
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

I downloaded this file and tried to run it. The window pops up and then disapears. I have restarted and mcafee still will not turn on realtime. I tried this several times. I have no third party software. I dont know what the deal is. very frustrated!!!

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Hi dgrev16,

Ø  Restart the McShield Service
Ø  Click Start, Run, type services.msc, and click OK.

NOTE: Windows Vista and 7 users should click the Windows Orb, type services.msc in the search box, right-click services.msc, select Run As Administrator, then click Continue.

Ø  Locate the McShield service and check the status. If the status is Stopped, right-click the McShield service and click Start.
Ø  When the status shows Started, close the Services window.
Ø  Open McAfee SecurityCenter and verify that Real-Time Scanning is enabled.

Restart the computer and verify that Real-Time Scanning remains enabled. 

If the above option doesnt work please get in touch with our chat technicians they would diagnose the issue and fix it for you.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community