Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zink
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

Torrent Protection

Jump to solution

I am an avid user of torrents. I was wondering if there was a way to run a virus check of each torrent, after each torrent has finished. Instead of running a complete virus scan frequently. Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 9

Re: Torrent Protection

Jump to solution

VirusScan checks all downloads as they happen but you can do an additional scan of that, or any other file or folder by going to it in Windows Explorer and right-clicking it and selecting 'Scan'.

(That also happens to be the way you scan in Safe Mode if needed).

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

8 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

VirusScan checks all downloads as they happen but you can do an additional scan of that, or any other file or folder by going to it in Windows Explorer and right-clicking it and selecting 'Scan'.

(That also happens to be the way you scan in Safe Mode if needed).

Capture.JPG

zink
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

I will leave my computer as I download torrents. I have worked with now outdated torrent programs that have an option like 'scan finished torrents for malicious software with...' Then I would enter the directory of the .exe of the scanner. And I would notice my AntiVirus (i think it was AVG at the time) load up, scan the file(s) and revert back to its previous state. McAfee does this without an initial setup? Disregarding the scheduled scan?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

Yes, all downloads are scanned regardless of settings.

zink
Former Member
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

Beautiful! Thank you for your time. Cheers!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

You're welcome, good luck.  You may have noticed from the above pic that I also have MalwareBytes (free) installed which I keep updated and ready as well, just in case.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 15/12/11 7:20:47 EST AM
zink
Former Member
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

Ha! I was just typing that into Google! Get out of my mind! Thanks again.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

LOL.  😉

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

Bookmark this page in case you ever need it:  https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2168

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community