Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 51 of 67

Re: System Changes and “An Error Has Occurred” Starting Custom Scan

BTW by "I run it' I meant I run a manual scan and use other tools, see the last link in my signature below.

dmurphy
Former Member
Message 52 of 67

Ex_Brit

Many Thanks.

As you will have gathered I not only don't investigate how to mend something if its not broken I also just go on using the broken thing till I can't.  So I won't read it all (the content of the link that is) but it looks like just the kind of thing I would desperately need and won't be able to find when I'm panicking because my PC is not working. So I have printed it and put it in my special file with:

Dont Panic

and

Carry a Towel

On the front.

Curtacy of Hitchikers Guide.

Also sceduled scans discontinued.

Message was edited by: dmurphy on 07/07/14 05:24:16 CDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 53 of 67

LOL, good luck 

user_118535
Former Member
Message 54 of 67

@Moldyjacket,

Are you still seeing this issue? If so, can you please run a McAfee update and then try running a custom scan

dmurphy
Former Member
Message 55 of 67

I'm not Moldyjacket but as I have this issue I thought I would let you know.

On The McAfee Updates box it said Update Current. Which was no surprise as it is set to update itself automatically.

Anyway I selected check for updates and I got a message saying "You are set to update automatically so there was no need for you to do anything" but after about 20 seconds this dissapeared and another message said something like your McAfee needs updating please select close so this can be done. This was a surprise as it contradicted itself.

I selected close and it appeared to be updating and took I would say less than 2 minute's to return to normal.

I then tried doing a custom scan via the McAfee front page menue and it still gives the same "an error has occured" message on my XP computer

The scan I requested was just the 300 files on my desktop.

If I right click on my desktop in windows explorer and select McAfee scan it works fine with no errors.

Maybe the change you made has not got to me yet as I get my updates via BT.com

Message was edited by: dmurphy on 09/07/14 06:27:25 CDT
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 56 of 67

Hi Manoj,

I am investigating this issue and was able to get users complaining about this in the past few days. If required I can offer you logs collected from one such machine having this issue.

Regards

dmurphy
Former Member
Message 57 of 67

Problem solved!

I just got an automatic update for McAfee and for me the problem has been corrected ie I no longer get the message "An Error Has Occurred". So congratulations to whoever sorted it and thanks.

moldyjacket
Former Member
Message 58 of 67

Now that there has been some progress, time for a little on topic humor (you have to give me credit in resisting this earlier): Sorry there are minors reading these threads and his language is not acceptable to this Forum's terms of service. Moderator Peacekeeper

For those who haven’t seen it previously, yes…that really is John McAfee.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 25/07/14 6:58:17 PM
moldyjacket
Former Member
Message 59 of 67

Didn’t cross my mind (much as when Peter jumped on me) since YouTube doesn’t restrict it and there is McAfee Parental Controls. Is it a violation for anyone to search YouTube “How To Uninstall McAfee Antivirus” by John McAfee?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 60 of 67

John McAfee has had no connection with McAfee for years and his irrational rants are not publishable for the most part, at least not here.

Apart from that particular one being totally incorrect and misleading people.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 25/07/14 5:38:34 EDT AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community