cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frankiehasprobl
Former Member
Message 1 of 1

Synchronization Application error

Just this morning, July 19, 2012, I began getting a synchronization application error program must shut down message. I have not installed any new software, and never had this problem on this machine, a Toshiba laptop running XP SP 3. This makes 2 machines out of 3 (the other ones are Dells) that have this problem. Does anyone know a solution to this?

On the Dell that has the synch problem, I also have the additional problem that when I try to connect to my dialup ISP, the connection proceeds okay for a while,

takes and accepts my password, makes the connection, but then the system hangs while the computer is being connected to the network! Uninstalling Mcafee solves the problem. Yes, I have uninstalled, used MCPR, and reinstalled TWICE, but the problem remains. This is also running XP SP 3.

I have got to say, given that 2 of my 3 machines are having Mcafee problems, I am looking for other antivirus and firewall software unless these problems are solved soon.

I would really appreciate any help with either of these issues. Thanks.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community