Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matthecat
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Stuck Scanning?

Jump to solution

So I ran a full scan and it finished, but then another scan started at 45% and continued to scan. It scanned until 57% and has been like this for 2 days. I can't use the stop or pause buttons and turning off the computer doesn't do anything. Anyone know what's happening and how to fix it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 8

Re: Stuck Scanning?

Jump to solution

I agree with Tom,s assessment,something does not sound right? Could you by chance have run a Scan close to the time a "Scheduled Scan" was due to start? I always have my scans set to run around (4:00 am) when I know my useage will be less likely.

In addition, I hope you have no other Anti-Virus installed as well, as it would conflict with McAfee.

To assist/guide you through the steps,and the link for the (MCPR) Tool, can all be found/located below my Signature. (First Link) 

Edit; There is another Work-Around available also,for scans "Hanging @ 98%-99% to help resolve the issue.However in this case ,I feel would not solve your issue. Please report back your results,after running a scan.

Wishing you all the very Best,

Regards,

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 7/22/14 1:51:46 AM EDT
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

View solution in original post

7 Replies
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

I would suggest uninstalling your software and reboot the computer followed by running MCPR removal tool and reboot again.

Login to your online McAfee account and download and install your software. By the way MCPR is found under Useful Links at the top of this page.

Sounds like you may have a corrupt installation.

If still having problems contact Technical Support and they are available 24/7

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

I agree with Tom,s assessment,something does not sound right? Could you by chance have run a Scan close to the time a "Scheduled Scan" was due to start? I always have my scans set to run around (4:00 am) when I know my useage will be less likely.

In addition, I hope you have no other Anti-Virus installed as well, as it would conflict with McAfee.

To assist/guide you through the steps,and the link for the (MCPR) Tool, can all be found/located below my Signature. (First Link) 

Edit; There is another Work-Around available also,for scans "Hanging @ 98%-99% to help resolve the issue.However in this case ,I feel would not solve your issue. Please report back your results,after running a scan.

Regards,

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 7/22/14 1:51:46 AM EDT
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
matthecat
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for the help, my McAfee is working fine now. I think I did actually run a scan near the time a full scan was scheduled to happen. The only other AntiVirus I have installed is MalwareBytes.

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

I am glad to see that your software is working fine now

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

You are perfectly welcome

Actually I inadvertently did the same on one occasion....

Malwarebytes is just fine as long as you keep it the (Free) Version.

Simply update it before scanning, as a compliment to your McAfee software.

I might add, that Malwarebytes (Free) is basically a Anti-Malware Program.

Please never run (2) Anti-Virus Applications,as they will conflict.

Which will leave you in a position to become infected.

Regards,

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Moved this to VirusScan as a better spot.

Peter

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Thanks Peter

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community