cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hrkeel
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Someone Please Help!!!

For the past week or so my computer has been acting up from time to time and not letting me go on the internet, meanwhile my son has no problems with his. Therefore the internet itself is ruled out. I have ran a quick scan and a full scan multiple times and it always comes out clean. I downloaded the stinger on there and nothing. But when I go into the mcafee program it shows I am fully protected and that is what i looked at for days. Finally, yesterday, I clicked on the Firewall tab and it showed it was on but when the tab opened it is off and it will not let me turn it on. The same is true for real time scanning as well. Now it will not let me do a quick or full scan it gives an error message saying an unexpected error happened during the scan. When I try to go online it won't let me at all it keeps saying that my proxy settings are not right. Idk what is going on, but I have tried everything I know how to do and that isn't that much. Some please help me. I need to use my computer badly.

Thanks in Advance!

1 Reply
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 2

Re: Someone Please Help!!!

I wonder if this what you need ie do you need a proxy server setting as Mcafee will not update through it I hear

Under my browser tools/options/advanced/settings I reset it to "no proxy" right away as a part of the clean up but I missed the one under the control panel. I fought off and on for weeks until this morning I was digging around and found the other place I needed to correct:

Under control panel/internet options/connections/lan settings I unchecked proxy server.

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100291

Maybe two things

1. Read these options to fix real time scanning

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101225

2. Download both getsusp and malwarebytes and see if they find anything. getsusp will report any suspect files to Mcafee and if you provide your email addy in preferences it will update you if it finds anything. Re Malwarebytes do not install the paid version as it will calsh with Mcafee and cause the issues you see.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community