cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronaldalexander
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Solved Blue screen “Bad Pool Header”

It tookme 3 days to find a solution for my blue screen crash “Blue Screen Bad PoolHeader”.

First Ithought there was something wrong with my mouse, USB Bus but still I had a bluescreen.

The bluescreen occurred when I selected a file in windows xp explorer.

Then Ifound a program that explores the dump file that windows writes after a bluescreen occurs. The program is called “BlueScreenView”. I used v1.46.

Theprogram lists all files that were active during the crash. In my case:

• -         mfehidk.sys      McAfee Link Driver
  • -         mfencbdc.sys  Anti-Malware Core
  • -         Mup.sys             Multiple UNC Provider driver
  • -         ntkrnlpa.exe     NT Kernel & System

At thatpoint I disabled the McAfee realtime scanning. From that moment on I did nothave any bluescreens anymore.

I triedto reinstal Virus Plus. It failed due to a conflict with MalWareBytes 1.70.0.1100.Now I believe the problem is a conflict between the programs McAfee Virus Plus and MalWareBytes.

Ideinstalled MalWareBytes and reinstalled McAfee and all problems are over.

No bluescreensanymore.

I hopethis will help other people.

Regards,

Ronald

1 Reply
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Solved Blue screen “Bad Pool Header”

We know that McAfee doesn't run well if Malwarebytes Pro is installed. I've heard it said that you even need to uninstall Malwarebytes Free version in order to get McAfee to install properly. So yes, there's a potential conflict there.

The Bad Pool Header problem has been noted before and may have more than one underlying cause. Perhaps you've just found another of those causes ...

Edit : checking previous posts others have pointed to a problem with mfehidk. Sometimes running MVT is enough to identify and fix a problem with the McAfee installation. At the very least that would rule out one of the possibilities.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 08/02/13 19:48:12 GMT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community