Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kavu
Former Member
Message 31 of 36

RE: Sunday's DATs

Sat 1/17/09
Late here as well. Seems to be a periodic trend. It's probably due to the servers as mentioned in the earliers posts here.

My current DAT is 5496 created 1/15/09
A forced update says my DATs are up to date. Incorrect.

The manual download site here:
http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security_updates/dat.asp

...shows that DAT 5498 was issued today 1/17/09. So far it hasn't been pushed to me.

So the DAT 5497 never got pushed to me and is likely lost in limbo land. I ususally get the DATs about 6PM and I would expect 5498 to hopefully show up for me then. I usually don't fret over it too much unless the delay stretches out over 3 or 4 days or so. (unless of course there's a current zero day outbreak...then I expect and demand immediate up-to-date protection). Granted, we're paying for full service, but I'll defer on a rant and grant the benefit of doubt. Glitches do happen.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 32 of 36

RE: Sunday's DATs

There's always a significant delay between the publication and distribution of DAT's. I've learned over the years not to hold my breath. I've known them to come in immediately or up to 24 hours late, or in rare cases, they have been cancelled or replaced by another one.
JanVermeer
Former Member
Message 33 of 36

DAT 5498 received

I was automatically updated to DAT 5498 (the January 17 DAT) at 01:46 UTC on January 18. This is earlier in the day than usual, so I'm not complaining. DAT 5497 (the January 16 DAT) had not been received by me before that time, so there may have been a server problem.

I tend to agree with comments above that the current situation is comparable with past experience and tolerable. The problems with the servers will presumably be fixed in due course, and then we'll be back to the previous performance with the bonus of a new DAT 7 days a week.
dtmcauliffe
Former Member
Message 34 of 36

RE: DAT 5498 received

Just to keep everybody up-to-date, I received the January 17th DAT a few minutes ago at 8:52 central time. I checked it manually, and boom! There it was.

I was getting a little worried because it hadn't gotten a new DAT since the 15th. If McAfee's having problems, I'm sure they will be okay. wink
Kavu
Former Member
Message 35 of 36

RE: DAT 5498 received

Yep same here...maual update at 1/17/09 at 6 PM and got the DAT 5498.
Issue resolved.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 36 of 36

RE: Slow Dat releases for home users

The matter should now be solved so closing this thread as it is several months old.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community