Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Riddlez
Contributor
Message 11 of 36

RE: Slow Dat releases for home users

Just something that I want to bring up:

Sometimes my McAfee product will not update as fast as I'd want, and I try a 'manual' update (not to be confused with SUPERDATs, enterprise DATs etc.), which results in downloading a new DAT update, but then it won't install !

That doesn't happen often, but it does happen sometimes. Removing temporary files, rebooting and trying again will then often result in downloading AND installing the update.
Borelli
Former Member
Message 12 of 36

On previous McAfee installs I had when that ^ happened I simply restarted the PC and the late/DAT would then install properly.
BigJ
Former Member
Message 13 of 36

Mercy where is 5481 Dat from yesterday? Been 23 hours since email was sent about 5481 being on website but home users not have it yet? Server problems again? Probably will see 5482 and no 5481.
BigJ
Former Member
Message 14 of 36

Just what I thought at 12:49pm this afternoon here in Ohio received email that 5482 is on their website so why have us home users not received 5481 yet?
Borelli
Former Member
Message 15 of 36

Yeah I noticed the same thing - I just uninstalled McAfee and reinstalled Avast. Too much time to get DAT's delivered and apparent confusion on McAfee's part.
gorf
Former Member
Message 16 of 36

VS 13 not updating for aussie user

I am in Australia. I get the emails saying dat files have been released. I got the email for 5481 at 2:23 am 2 Jan Perth Western Australia time. But no auto update occured and when I tried manual updating I got "your programs are up to date" message. huh? I am still on 5480. Then this morning I got an email at 2:45 advising 5482 dat is available, again no update happened, again when I try manual I get "your programs are up to date" - no they arent! I am still on 5480! can anyone clarify this for me thank you
BigJ
Former Member
Message 17 of 36

RE: VS 13 not updating for aussie user

Just ran manual update and still says up to date at 5480 dat. What a way to start out 2009 with no updates for home users.
Jerry
BigJ
Former Member
Message 18 of 36

10:23 am Saturday and still says all my products are up to date. Why are there no updates for dats for home users since 12-31-08 5480 dat? Surely by now some of McAfee maniacs or someone that can communicate with McAfee could find out what the problem is. This is no way to start out the new year!!!
Jerry
BigJ
Former Member
Message 19 of 36

Got the following email message at 12:32pm EST this afternoon. {The 5483 daily dat files have been released and are available for download.}
Come on McAfee when are us home users going to get any dat updates in 2009?????
Jerry
JanVermeer
Former Member
Message 20 of 36

I am experiencing the same issue. I am still on DAT 5480, which arrived on December 31. I have received no automatic updates since then, and when I just requested a manual update, I got the response that my program was up to date.

I am still on VirusScan 12, so strictly speaking I'm posting to the wrong forum, but the above may be of use to this thread.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community