cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigJ
Former Member
Message 1 of 36

Slow Dat releases for home users

Yesterday I received the dat for the day before after 1pm and today it is after 11am and still have not received yesterdays 5444 dat. Would someone please find the reason for this long delay on getting latest dats on servers for this area in Ohio. McAfee should be calling these daily dat updates day late dats. Why do they wait so LONG to give them to us Home users? This is happening way to much lately. 24 hours is not acceptable to me!
Jerry
35 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 36

RE: Slow Dat releases for home users

Last DAT is 5443 from Sunday.
There are install, update and registration issues world wide right now.

Got that from a McAfee engineer. Server issues apparently. They are working on it obviously.
BigJ
Former Member
Message 3 of 36

Thanks Peter for the info. I did get 5444 at around 11:33am.
Jerry
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 36

Mine just came in too. Maybe they should alter that bonging sound to a yawn...LOL
bwb1
Former Member
Message 5 of 36

Would have been hugely helpful if they had posted that so we knew. Personally I went through the palaver of uninstalling VSC etc again thinking the old problem had come back.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 36

Agreed.
BigJ
Former Member
Message 7 of 36

Well here we go again. 7:15AM Tuesday and Monday's 5465 dat has not come here yet in Ohio. Is it server problem again?
Jerry
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 36

Not come in here either. Haven't heard anything but I do know that this is quite normal. The time difference between the DAT being posted on the Avert website and it actually being released to all the world's servers can be quite lengthy.
bwb1
Former Member
Message 9 of 36

My DAT is showing version 5463 dated the 14th of December. That cannot be right as today is 19th. Anyone else have this, or is the 'old trouble' back again??

Update......I am afraid the current lash up is the LAST STRAW. Having found out my DAT was several days old, I was unable to update it anywhere including MVT, so I uninstalled all my McAfee files, ran the MCPR, and then tried to download VSC+, but was told that I did not have a connection to the internet!!! In the last few months I have lost count of the number of times this has happened, and I have finally had enough, so goodbye McAfee after what must be 15 years, I have gone to another supplier (used on my laptop) where it has NEVER given me any problems at all.
Borelli
Former Member
Message 10 of 36

Well, I'm back with McAfee after a long hiatus with free AV's and using this version of VS, and my DAT is dated 12-19. I will keep an eye up with DAT's and post a few weeks worth of updates in this very thread (if you don't mind). I'm a bit leery of the DAT's and the effectiveness of the AV itself but will see how it goes. Besides the major magazine reviews, which I take with a very high degree of salt, McAfee home versions have been surpassed by a few of the free AV's for a while now (according to respected lesser known security sites). They need to get back to excellent detection rates with a lower footprint and everyday DAT updates.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community