cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mun112233
Former Member
Message 21 of 26

Re: Should i delete my quarantined files?

I had 13.6 but as ive restored windows everything was deleted and i had to reinstall mcafee. After that i ran a scan but didnt find anything. I assume i dont have any quarantined files now as everything was deleted but i havent checked.

But generally everything seems to be running fine.

mun112233
Former Member
Message 22 of 26

Sadly im having further problems with the mcafee software.

If i click check for updates it says there is no internet connection when there is. Im trying to access mcafee virtual technician but the page wont load. I restarted my pc but problem still persists 😞

Dont know what to do.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 23 of 26

There are problems with some McAfee websites and/or servers so that is most likely the problem.  Don't worry about it. it has been reported and should be sorted out soon we hope.

mun112233
Former Member
Message 24 of 26

Ah right cause i cant access some parts of the website but i thought it was strange i can access all other sites normally. Thank you. I need to learn to be patient.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 25 of 26

Patience is a virtue as my Mother used to say, but most of us lose it from time to time !!

McAfee has myriad websites and some are up and others down, let's hope they sort it out soon.

All the best 😉

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 23/06/14 6:17:59 EDT PM
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 26 of 26

Looks like the problem is more widespread than the early reports suggested. All sites in the *.mcafee.com domain appear to be down including MVT, downloads, and My Account. The main McAfee site is down as well, and this is the same whether the connection is from US, Europe or South Asia. I have no doubt the support techs are already working on it, so it should all be working within an hour or two.

Edit - Told you so, the main site is now back up (here, anyway).

Edit - "mvt.mcafee.com" returns a 404 code ("Not Found");  "home.mcafee.com" returns a 503 ("Service unavailable")

http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E503.html

Message was edited by: Hayton on 23/06/14 23:01:10 IST

Message was edited by: Hayton on 23/06/14 23:18:30 IST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community