Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brisandy
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Scheduled scan

I go to Virus Protection>Advanced>Custom Scan>Default locations to scan
I check only C: and 😧 drives but when the scan runs at 1:00AM Sunday morning it scans every drive I have including L: and M: which are large and don't need scanned.
Why is it doing this?????
Labels (1)
3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

RE: Scheduled scan

You can only specify drives/locations to scan on a manual scan. It's a feature we've been asking for since way back when and so far we've been ignored.
The 2010 products are just about to enter public beta testing and it will be interesting to see if it is, at last, included.
Until then I have no idea what features will be new.
brisandy
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your reply. This has been bugging me for months. I will be watching the 2010 products.
happy
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Well good luck and if you are interested in trying out beta products the link is in this sticky: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=222454

The 2010 products aren't up on the website yet though so just stay tuned!
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community