cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alanrf
Contributor III
Message 1 of 3

Scheduled scan

I have McAfee on 4 computers.,  The Scheduled scan runs OK on three of trhem, (all Win 7), but, although properly defined and turned 'on' does not work on my Vista box?

Real time scan appears to work.

Manual scan appears to work.

But Scheduled scan does not. Why??

2 Replies
jaymfe
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: Scheduled scan

Hi Alan,

Is it 32 bit or 64 bit computer? What is the service pack installed? You may restart your computer in safe mode and try to change schedule scan setting and turn it on. Restart the computer to normal mode and let me know if it fixed the issue with schedule scan..

alanrf
Contributor III
Message 3 of 3

Re: Scheduled scan

Hi,

Vista 32 bit with all updates and service packs installed.

Strangely, not long after I posted the scan began.  However, there is still a mystery.  It was scheduled for 1:00pm, (computer and local time), and didn't start until around 2:30pm.

All very odd, because on my other, (Win 7) boxes the scheduled scan always starts on timer.

Could it be perhaps an issue that there was a lot of foreground activity allowing no opportunity for the background scan t  started?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community