cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arrlington
Former Member
Message 1 of 17

Scheduled scan will not permit scan in AM

This is a very surprising problem to me. My McAfee Total Protection will not allow me to schedule a scan in morning (Between midnight and noon.) If I select the AM checkbox for a scheduled scan, and apply it, the selection always remains at PM. My build number is 16.1.144 with an engine build date of 02/08/2013.

16 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 17

Re: Scheduled scan will not permit scan in AM

I moved this to VirusScan because it's really about that.   This is very puzzling and all I can think of at the moment is the system clock, is it accurate?

I just checked my scans, not that I ever schedule one, but it allowed me to select any time I wanted.

Try running the Virtual Technician:  http://mvt.mcafee.com/ it can sometimes fix things.

If not then Technical Support is your best bet, they're free to phone or online chat with.

See the link under Useful Links at the top of this page.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 09/02/13 10:02:32 EST AM
Arrlington
Former Member
Message 3 of 17

There has never been a problem with the hardware system clock on this Toshiba laptop that I purchased in 2009. I do not trust McAfee technical support. When I have attempted that route, there seems to be problems with them understanding the exact nature of my problem. I believe that is connected with them being 12 time zones away in India. Therefore, I raise the problem with this forum, as it might be translated effectively.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 17

Did you run the MVT?

If it doesn't fix things the all I can suggest is uninstall in the normal manner, run the MCPR cleanup tool, reboot and reinstall.

Hopefully someone will spot this and offer suggestions too.

Arrlington
Former Member
Message 5 of 17

I ran MVT. It informed me that a "Product Upgrade was required."   Sounds like time for MCPR. I believe that I have to also make a change on my account page first to release a token for this installation before I run MCPR.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 17

Not sure about the token business but the product upgrade probably refers to another component of the SecurityCenter or could possibly mean that MVT itself is in need of an upgrade.  You seem to know your way around so I'll leave the decision whether or not to uninstall.cleanup, reboot and reinstall to you.

Arrlington
Former Member
Message 7 of 17

No joy.  I removed the token for the installation at my subscription website. I uninstalled the product. I applied the most current version of MCPR twice to finally obtain a clean uninstall, following the procedure on the website. I re-downloaded the software from the website. (I noted that I had last completed this set of operations on 13 December 2012. )  While the software was initially configured to scan between midnight and noon (AM), I intentionally reset the scheduled scan between noon and midnight (PM) and then attempted to change it back. The program would apparently apply the change to AM, but remained on PM.  So that's a couple of hours wasted. Any other ideas?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 17

Start a ticket with Technical Support.   It's free and you can either phone them or us online chat.  See the link under Useful Links at the top of this page.

Arrlington
Former Member
Message 9 of 17

Ok. It required two chat sessions, but I believe that a trouble ticket has been opened. The number is 484570-1026415483.  The representative indicated that it was being escalated to "Tier 2 Support."

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 17

Well that's good, at least it will hopefully be fixed for you soon.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community