cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joetrotter
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Scheduled scan time.

My scheduled scan is set to every Friday at 4:00 AM. Every Friday I'm never on my laptop at 4:00 AM. Would this mean my laptop will never scans, or will it scan when I turn it on?

Thanks, Joe.

2 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 3

Re: Scheduled scan time.

OK what version of security centre if 11.* well Scheduled scan start when it sees teh CPU at less than 10% usage for 10 minutes straight. If it cannot get a 10Min period it will force a start after 2 hrs of trying. If you turn off the PC before then teh 2 hrs setting resets.

Set scan for a time you will have the laptop on. Also I can instruct you as to how to force the scan to strt immediately on time if you wish. This issue fixed in 2012 beta version.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: Scheduled scan time.

Hello Joe,

You are exactly right!   If you set a scan at 4 AM in the morning and the PC was not ON by that time. Schedule scan will initiate a scan the next time the PC starts .  

This is not an issue, this is by design,

Thanks,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community