cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 11 of 30

Re: Scheduled scan not turning on

So scheduled scan is off and stays off?  This was reported a week or 2 back and mcafee is looking into why some get this (mine does not)

1, Did you run the norton removal tool?

2. Registry cleaners can really mess Mcafee settings up this has been proven here. Error idispatch pops up. Ok not your issue but issues can occur a\fter a registry cleanup. (yours before it so this a heads up)

3. Will ask in our mod call Monday if there has been any update.

antax
Former Member
Message 12 of 30

I have exactly the same problem.  I use Vista Home Premium.  I would be very interested to find out if there is a solution to this.  The McAfee software was downloaded directly from McAfee website. 

Peacekeeper
Message 13 of 30

Will have to recheck as this had seemed to go away. Is this a clean install direct to the 2011 version or did it auto update fromn 2010 to 2011?

antax
Former Member
Message 14 of 30

Hello Tony.  This was a clean install from your website.   I get McAfee with my internet package and was talked through the process by the ISP, ensuring I had removed any existing software first.

I would be grateful if you could let me know how to turn it on and keep it on! 

Thanks for your reply.

Peacekeeper
Message 15 of 30

Ok have to wait till Monday to ask though will see if a tech can contact you before then but it is the weekend.

The uninstall did you use the method I posted ?

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 7/08/11 7:10:18 AM
antax
Former Member
Message 16 of 30

Thank you.  I am looking forward to hearing fromyou soon.  I hope this can be resolved soon. 

Kind Regards

Dinz
Former Member
Message 17 of 30

Hi antax,

Did you have any  other security software provided by At&t , if not Please run the McAfee virtual technician from here : http://mvt.mcafee.com and check if the automated tool resolves the issue  , else post back the session id .

Regards,

antax
Former Member
Message 18 of 30

Hi,

I ran the program as instructed, session id : 34441502 and 34441596 and no problems were found and yet I still have McAfee not allowing me to schedule a scan.

Thanks for your help so far.  I look forward to your reply.

Antax

pookey52
Former Member
Message 19 of 30

Scott,

I had that problem only once and I went in and deleted all the *.sol files (flash cookies) in my computer, shredding them and all other cookies once they got to the recycle bin.  It never happened again but now months later, I'm looking for an answer to the .dat files not updating.  I'm sure I'll hear uninstall and reinstall but maybe, just maybe this will help you.  Debbie

antax
Former Member
Message 20 of 30

I'm really getting fed up.  I read here that registry cleaners really mess up McAfee settings, but I just purchased a registry cleaner from McAfee!!!  So why are you selling a product that conflicts with you anti-virus software?

I need to know what to do now.  I am getting a bit fed up.  Debbie sounds fed up too!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community