Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christos
Contributor III
Message 1 of 14

Scheduled Scans

Jump to solution

If i miss a schedules scan

the scan reschedules for the following week instead of a later time the same day as used to be the case

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Message 13 of 14

Re: Scheduled Scans

Jump to solution

As I mentioned my scan starts at correct time if I disable wait till idle but it does not start if missed. This has been bug reported so should be fixed soon. Really I just ignore it and do a full scan weekly that works for me. Good luck

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 14

Jump to solution

Yes I remember this in the past happening. I will test mine later today to check. The default 2am or whatever is silly as most turn off their PC at night to save power.

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 14

Jump to solution

First having only 1- 5 am or pm precludes working people from doing this as they are either asleep or still working/travelling.

@krishna55  can you suggest to the developers that a more wider choice be added.

@christos Agreed set scheduled scan to 1pm turned on PC at 2.30pm and  so far no scan started. This needs to be fixed it used to run a scan next reboot.

Will monitor it next 60mins to see if there is a set time on.

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 14

Jump to solution

2 hrs still no scheduled scan so @krishna55  this needs to be added to the delelopers

Set scan for 4.21pm and  that time passed by 5 mins does scheduled scan actually work?

OK silly me that hour setting scrolls down so you can place any time if it actualy scans.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 14

Jump to solution

@krishna55  Please ignore my scheduled scan comments

5pm scan started 5.01pm and I realised my new install had the default general setting option of not scanning unless PCs idle. I disabled this and probably the deferred scan will start tomorrow.

@christos  is that setting enabled on your PC  if so disable it.

christos
Contributor III
Message 6 of 14

Jump to solution
Thanks for the prompt response
the setting is not checked and if scan is missed it does not scan at a later time the same date or at reboot but sets scan for the following week
Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 14

Jump to solution

Testing overnight will check later on this morning

CraigSchmugar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 14

Jump to solution

To minimize user disruption, scheduled scans wait for 10 minutes of idle time before running the scan.

Discussions are ongoing around balancing user impact and scan competition times.

Any feedback the community has is much appreciated.

What do you value more when it comes to scheduled scans?

1. Staying out of the way (reduced CPU load)
  2. Completing scans as quickly as possible
  3. I don't have a preference
  4. I don't rely on scheduled scans
Peacekeeper
Message 9 of 14

Jump to solution

Well today's scheduled scan at 5am (PC turned off) did not scan when I turned on the PC so it appears to only happen at the set time. Waited 15mins no scan. It used to happen next boot if missed.

Craig...I prefer scheduled scan to occur if missed when next the PC is enabled. It would not await for idle time if one disables that setting in General settings correct.

CraigSchmugar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 14

Jump to solution

@Peacekeeper thank you for your feedback. It should not wait for idle if the corresponding general setting has been configured as such. However in my testing now, this was not the case. A defect has been logged.

You can review exactly how the task is configured by going to the Task Scheduler and checking under McAfee -> wps -> odsscheduledtask

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community