cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halton
Contributor III
Message 1 of 12

Scheduled Scans

I am not sure where this question should go.

My LiveSave has recently been running  full scans three times a week without being scheduled. Is this something to be concerned about?

Thanks.

Jerry

11 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 12

Re: Scheduled Scans

Scheduled scans are now not actually full scans but quick scans. What version of McAfee have you? Latest is 16.3. Have you checked the scheduled scan area?

If you say all ok bar this I will ask about this in our moderator call tomorrow.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 12

I agree with Tony..Something definitely is wrong. Especially if you are automatically receiving scheduled (Full Scans)?

Actually Version/Build 16.4 is due to start being released late September. I also agree we need to bring this up as a Topic of Discussion on September 11th,2017.

Generally the norm is that all of the different suites have the same Virus Scan Engine.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 12

Discussion successfully moved from General Discussion to VirusScan

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
halton
Contributor III
Message 5 of 12

I have been running full scans every so often. I didn't run one yesterday. The reason I know this was a full scan is by the number of files it scanned 206767 files. On August 22 a Tuesday the scheduler was suppose to run on Mondays the number of files was 6390 files. 

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 12

Thank you for the input,we will pass it on up the line.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 12

This is strange Are they happening at a particular time or random? Nothing in task scheduler?

halton
Contributor III
Message 8 of 12

They happen different at times. There is nothing in the task scheduler.

Jerry

Peacekeeper
Message 9 of 12

CD passed this up to the techs we'd better wait and see what they say.

halton
Contributor III
Message 10 of 12

Have there been any decisions from the Techs? Will there be an add-on in the future for the scheduling so you can choose witch scan and the times?

Thank you.

Jerry

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community