cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qnqtknguyen
Contributor
Message 11 of 27

Re: Scheduled Scan Error: failed to create IDispatch

Hello, I'm getting this IDispatch error as well.

When I go to http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/IDispatch.reg

or http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101209

there is nothing there to download.

What can I do?

Thank you.

Peacekeeper
Message 12 of 27

I am trying to get back that reg file but I do know that an uninstall reinstall will fix this issue always. The uninstall method is in my signature.

Was yours caused by Glary utils?

Tony

Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

How To Uninstall/Reinstall McAfee Consumer Products EXCEPT Anti-Theft
How To Submit A False Detection To McAfee
Free Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Removal Tools

qnqtknguyen
Contributor
Message 13 of 27

Most likely it was caused by Glary 5.8.

I was running Glary 5.7 before and didn't notice any problems until I upgraded to 5.8 a few days ago.

Thanks.

Peacekeeper
Message 14 of 27

I am trying to get the link that works wait a bit and I will return

Peacekeeper
Message 15 of 27

Ok try downloading and installing the Mcafee virtual technician

mvt.mcafee.com

McAfee techs say it includes the fix if so I need to get that FAQ fixed

qnqtknguyen
Contributor
Message 16 of 27

Hi Peacekeeper,

I downloaded mvt but it didn't detect any errors.  After trying to do a scan the IDispatch error was still there.

So I uninstalled and reinstalled McAfee and no more IDispatch error.

Now, if I run Glary and only do "Show Details" only, I get like 100 registry problems with McAfee.  I haven't "Repaired Problems" yet.

I saw this posting regarding excluding HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TskTCShm.CoMcTaskScheduler\CLSID\

My question - is this the only thing I need to exclude?  There a whole bunch of other registry keys that Glary shows can be deleted.

I don't want to uninstall McAfee and reinstall it every time I run Glary.  I had said before I was using Glary 5.7 with McAfee and didn't notice any problems until switching to Glary 5.8, but that might not be correct.  I was using Glary with Kaspersky with no problems and only recently switched over to McAfee.  So I can't tell for sure if I had ever did the registry cleaner with McAfee and had no IDispatch error.

Thank you.

Peacekeeper
Message 17 of 27

I think that was the fix in the reg file and as this reared its head again I will bring it up at our mod call Monday and get back to you.

I do see your issue really needs Mcafee to see what issues glary thinks are there. Do you have a list or can get 1?

qnqtknguyen
Contributor
Message 18 of 27

You mean a list of all the McAfee registry keys that Glary said could be removed?

There are many, some pertaining to McAfee and some not.

I did some screen shots of my computer before and after I had installed McAfee that I've put into 2 Word files. I don't see how to post files here (just images). I can email the files to you because there are several images.  What is your email?

Thanks.

Peacekeeper
Message 19 of 27

reply and top left is advanced editor. Open that and bottom right is attach. attach the files there please

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 20 of 27

Re: Re: Scheduled Scan Error: failed to create IDispatch

Hi All,

Try the below step to download the file

Right click link http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/cleanup/IDispatch.reg and choose Save link as

idispatch.png

In the Save dialogue ensure that Registry entry Format is chosen.

idispatch1.png

Merge the registry file by double clicking on it. Click OK on the Warning message.

If you Receive an error dialogue box saying that Operation could not be completed. Please disable Access Protection > GUI > Navigation > General Settings Alerts > Access Protection > Uncheck and Apply

After merging the keys Re-enable Access Protection.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community