cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpro22
Contributor
Message 1 of 27

Scheduled Scan Error: failed to create IDispatch

After the latest McAfee update, whenever I try changing the scheduled scan settings I get the failed to create IDispatch error. I do use Malwarebytes, Spybot S&D, CCleaner, and Glary Utilities, but never had a problem until this new update.Untitled.jpg

26 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 27

Re: Scheduled Scan Error: failed to create IDispatch

Let me guess you recently used a registry cleaner  such as uniblue or glary utilities? (ok see you do use the latter)

If you use a suite supplied by verizon  follow

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101783

if not follow

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101209

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 11/11/13 4:04:00 PM
jpro22
Contributor
Message 3 of 27

I already found that link. MVT ran and found a registry problem, fixed it, but i still get the error. As for the .reg file on that link, when you click to the download it doesnt work anymore. I really do not want to remove mcafee and reinstall because to reinstall I'll have to uninstall malwarebytes, spybot, etc... just for it to let the install continue.

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 27

To install it skip the detection when it says you need to uninstall malwarebytes choose skip works fine.

I did not get an error just got the text file showing up did you try

you can also download and run a file to resolve this issue.

1. Download and save the following .reg file to your desktop.

NOTE: You may be prompted to approve this as Administrator.

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/IDispatch.reg

IMPORTANT: Some web browsers will display the .reg file contents as a text file, rather than download the .reg file.  In this situation, copy the entire text into a new text document using Notepad, and save it with a .reg extension.
  2. Double-click the .reg file to merge the previously deleted registry keys back into your computer's registry.
  3. Restart your computer.

I can email you the text of the file if you wish

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 27

Sooner or later registry cleaners will clean more than they should...pretty well guaranteed.   Not recommended.

alexous
Former Member
Message 6 of 27

Hi to everyone!!! I receive the same error, I am running a 30 day trial that came with my notebook. I cannot download the file, so could you please send it to me?

The error is probably due to Glary Utilities version 5.7.

Many thanks

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 27

I might add also, It is not recommended to have (Spybot SD) installed along with McAfee. This program can cause conflicts/clash with McAfee itself. Especially with the (Tea-Timer) activated.

Just thought I would mention....

Malwarebytes (Free) of course is compatible, and proves to be a compliment to McAfee.

Especially for a second opinion as a (On Demand Scanner).

Regards,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 27

Glary Utils would have done that try the reg fix above. OK File has been removed  best way other than calling support is to uninstall reinstall though this is only a trial version correct.

I will ask a tech to come and help you he will have the file available

Does Glary have a backup of what it removed?

alexous
Former Member
Message 9 of 27

OK Peacekeeper. I will wait for your answer regarding the file. On top of that, Glary is for me the best optimization utility for Windows and I am using it three years now without a single problem. It does the job very well.Thanks a lot!

Peacekeeper
Message 10 of 27

I gather it does have a backup of what it does . Any way to reinstall the trial that would fix the issue.. The removal method is in my signature. If a tech has not come here in a day or two post back and I will stir things

Tony

Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)

How To Uninstall/Reinstall McAfee Consumer Products EXCEPT Anti-Theft

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community