Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcblawdog
Former Member
Message 1 of 16

Scan reminder

Jump to solution

My Security Center has Virus Scan v. 13.15. I have an automatic virus scan scheduled for every Friday. Unfortunately, nearly everyday, several times a day, I get a pop-up reminder to run a virus scan. My only options are to "close" and "remind me later." PLEASE, tell me how to turn off this ridiculous reminder!! Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 16

Re: Scan reminder

Jump to solution

See my previous post.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 16

Jump to solution

Hi,

Do you have the pop up from "Mcafee security center" or "Mcafee security scan" ??

If possible can you attach an image in your next post ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

dcblawdog
Former Member
Message 3 of 16

Jump to solution

I don't recall if comes from "scan" or "center." Next time it pops up I'll check and try to attach an image.

dcblawdog
Former Member
Message 4 of 16

Jump to solution

I can't copy the message/pop up box. ALT+Print Screen won't work, and I don't have SnagIt. The message shows that it comes from Security Scan, though.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 5 of 16

Jump to solution

Ok,

McAfee Security Scan is a security monitoring program that helps you make sure your anti-virus and firewall software is active,It also keeps track of when the last successful scan took place . Could you please open your mcafee security center and check the date of the last scan performed ?

Along with that check whether the computer clock is set right !

Regards,

Dinesh K

dcblawdog
Former Member
Message 6 of 16

Jump to solution

Clock is correct. Last scan: 1/29/2010

Setzke
Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Jump to solution

security_scan.png

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 16

Jump to solution

Have you updated an Adobe product recently?  The reason is that "McAfee Security Scan" comes as an already checked option with those products and you have to consciously uncheck that option or it will be installed.

Look in your Control Panel Programme list for McAfee Security Scan  (NOT SecurityCenter) - if listed uninstall it.

dcblawdog
Former Member
Message 9 of 16

Jump to solution

That's the one! Thanks, Setzke. Now, maybe someone can tell me how to turn the darn thing off!? The message popped up this past Friday about 20 minutes after my scheduled FULL scan completed!!!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 16

Jump to solution

See my previous post.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community