cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
byrdieep
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Scan hangs up at 66%

Virus Scan hangs up at 66% It hangs up on the file Windows\Installer\$P..._11D3_A536_0090278A1BB8.
I've tried uninstalling Security Center, and reinstalling. Still hangs up. Let it run about 18 hours... hung at 66% for at least 8 hours (I was asleep before that).
I have Windows Vista home premium sp1 32 bit. 2 GB ram.
IE 8 and Firefox 3.0.12 are installed. Thanks!
Byrdie.
1 Reply
dil3000yo
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

RE: Scan hangs up at 66%

I am having a problem very similar to that. It only does it on full scan also, when I perform a quick scan it doesn't happen. It is on a Windows/Installer...... file. But mine hangs up at 50%, definitely not for 8+ hours... it will hang up for maybe 20 mins? Then my computer will shut down on its own. It has been doing this for a few weeks now.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community