Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcmjim
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Scan Completed Alert disappears

OS=WinXP (all updates)
Browsers are IE and Firefox (most recent)

I have VirusScan doing automatic scans every Friday. In days past, when the scan was completed, I received the "Scan Completed" alert box which I could use to review the details of the scan. Now, however, the Scan Completed alert pops up for about half a second and then goes away. No trace of the scan anywhere, except in the scan logs. I have no options to review the actual scan details.

All of my alert box settings are correct (have never been changed).

Any ideas?

--Jim
Tags (1)
2 Replies
chrislyon
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

RE:

I have the exact same problem, it makes the noise pops up and goes straight away. It seems to be since the update to security center 9.3 but I'm not 100% sure. Thought it was just me but it seems not.
Sorry no fix.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

RE:

The developers seem to have made this part of the plan. I guess it would stick around if it had found something.

I have my scheduled scan turned off but I think you can view the results by opening Security Center (double or right-click the taskbar icon), then click Advanced Menu (bottom left), then Reports & Logs (left) then "View Log" in the right module.

There are all kinds of logs listed at the left whose content will vary depending on installed applications and what is turned on.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community