McAfee SiteAdvisor version: 3.4, build: 3.4.0.143

McAfee AntiSpam version: 12, build: 12.0.292

McAfee Parental Controls version: 13, build: 13.0.319

McAfee QuickClean and Shredder version: 11, build: 11.0.416

PC:

Dell Studio XPS 9100 with Intel i7 @ 3.20 GHz

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Local disk:

NTFS, 1.80 TB total, 1.73 TB free space.

My issue/problem:

I can do a normal scan just fine.  However, when I right click a specific file and choose Scan, nothing happens.  I completely un-installed and re-installed McAfee Security Suite.  That fixed the problem and it worked for about a week and then the problem returned.  I did the un-install and re-install again and right click >> scan started working again.  It worked for a few days and then stopped working again.  I have noticed that, when the product is working PROPERLY, when I right click a file, I see Scan and I see Shred as options.  When McAfee single file scan is NOT working properly, I only see Scan when I right click a file.

Does anyone have any suggestions about fixing the right click >> scan issue without having to un-install and re-install the entire McAfee Security Suite?  It is getting tiresome and bothersome to continually un-install & re-install the product.

BTW, I downloaded and ran McAfee's Virtual Technician and it did not discover any problems.

1 Reply
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: Right Click a File and Scan - Not Working

Ok, so its evident that this issue raises intermittently. . .

So I would suggest you to create new user profile on windows with Admin rights and check the status of the scan in the new account!

Please find the steps here to create  new user account :

To open User Accounts, click the Start button , click Control Panel, click User Accounts and Family Safety, and then click User Accounts.

Click Manage another account.  If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Click Create a new account.

Type the name you want to give the user account, click an account type, and then click Create Account.

Right on any fie and check the status of the Right Click Scan Option!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community