cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 21 of 25

Re: Right Click Custom File Scan Failure

Unfray your nerves it is scanning correct from what they say just the stats are a tad messed up. Not long till the patch and it really is only a minor issue the safety of your PC is not in question as far as I see.

theorem
Contributor
Message 22 of 25

Well I guess Intel has backed off even further from the McAfee name... Security reasons? Hmmm, sounds like plausible deniability for keeping the customer in the dark, so much for that..Nerves  unfrayed, reassuring to know that "scannable extensions" are actually being scanned.

topfellah
Former Member
Message 23 of 25

Thank you. I'll wait until the update is out. Much appreciated.

occasus
Former Member
Message 24 of 25

Will wait for the update, but inability to scan certain files gives me an uncomfortable feeling. Also taking way way too long to complete full scan, since it's supposed to be scanning fewer files it should take less time, not more, right?

Peacekeeper
Message 25 of 25

That is also being looked at I involved the program manager in this issue of time and he commented

Wanted to let you know that the longer On Demand scan issue is now under investigation.  It shouldn't be taking that long.  However, with the new architecture, protection is built around an on-access model.  When you open an unknown/untrusted file, attributes are quickly scanned.  If there is trouble, the file is stopped and any issues are re-mediated.  What I'm saying is there is no truly a need to trigger full scans in order to be protected.  Regardless, I know it is a desire by some users...so we'll work to ensure it is optimized.  Stay tuned, and keep the feedback coming.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community