Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 23

RE: Renewing VS+2008(2009) subscription

I'm afraid I have no idea what Downloadmanager 3 is..?

I was agreeing with McAfee not being very competitive with its retail partners.
goldie99
Former Member
Message 12 of 23

LuKe

Thanks for reply. It's not the uninstalling/reinstalling that is the main source of frustration, it's the fact that what used to be a simple process of adding another year's worth of updates by just clicking on a button to renew has been changed to a more complicated (and expensive) process.

I wasn't aware that McAfee will automatically uninstall my old version for me as part of the process, that would remove some of the hassle. But that would also mean I was effectively paying £22 for that assistance!

It's a shame that the 'users' appear not to be listened to by the big corporations?

Apologies for any ranting here................it's not directed to any forum users, but McAfee is making me really mad and they're not listening
matrixluke
Contributor
Message 13 of 23

Oh sorry for that.

Download manager version 3.0 is the newest version of McAfee Download manager.

Suppose if you have an expired product or a product which is going to expire is installed in your computer and you are going to install the new product from your account online lets say which expires on 2009. During the installation it searches for the previously installed versions and their expiration date if the expiration date is different from that of what you are going to install, it will autmatically uninstall the installed version and then continue with the installation if new product after the restart.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 23

Understood....and my sympathies to goldie99.
bwb1
Former Member
Message 15 of 23

After McAfee auto renewed my subscription for three years at £99 without me being aware of this, I contacted Customer Services by email in the States, and bitterly complained at the cheek of doing this, and at such a huge cost. I got them to cancel auto renewal, and then they offered me a one year renewal at £19.99, which I took up. I can now look around next renewal date and see who offers what and at what price. Renewals have in the past been very reasonable, but not this year until I complained.
goldie99
Former Member
Message 16 of 23

I contacted customer support and as a result have received the following email:-

"I understand that you would like to renew your McAfee subscription at a 50 percent of discount.
I appreciate that you brought this to our attention and I will be happy to assist you with your request.
E-mail promotions that include special offers must be availed through the link provided in order to receive the special pricing. Also, you must log in using the e-mail address that the e-mail was sent to. If you try to log in under a different e-mail address you may not get the special offer.
Customers are encouraged to purchase from the source from which you feel you get the most value for your money. (my bold here)
Please be informed that automatic renewal charges are always based on standard prices.
I would like to inform you that your feedback is highly appreciated. Rest assured that I will look into this matter to prevent further inconvenience.
This will be taken in consideration for the improvement of our policies and procedures.
Please be assured that we make every attempt to assist each customer in a timely manner. To ensure you have a pleasant experience in our Customer Service, you may contact us at 02079490107 from Monday to Friday, 8:00AM to 6:00PM, Greenwich Mean Time to help you in this issue."

However the situation remains that I can pay McAfee £19.99 (with the 50% discount if still available in December) for another year's protection for 1 computer, or for £17.98 purchase a 3 user upgrade from Amazon. A bit of a no brainer?

Thanks to all for your patience and help.
bwb1
Former Member
Message 17 of 23

Quite correct Goldie about that £17.98. Dammit, I will know what to do in a year's time!!
DaGopha
Former Member
Message 18 of 23

Renewed - but not exactly...!!

Grrr - Gopha here!

Further to my starting this thread - I've come across a very very annoying caveat. I'd originally purchased 3-user VS+2008 in its boxed form. We got auto-upgraded to VS+2009 a few months ago, and now my licence is up for renewal.

So I decided to go for the (seemingly) nice and easy renewal route. I logged into my McAfee account, identified the "3-User McAfee VirusScan Plus" and clicked on renew. It took me to the purchase screen, and I forked out £45.99 for a 3-user protection that I've been happy with for the past year.

*However* - upon checking my account I now find that I've got an entirely new product sitting there: "McAfee VirusScan Plus" - instead of a renewal/extension of the expiration date of my existing product.

So - although I clicked on Renew for my expiring product, it's just made me purchase a new copy instead of renewing my existing one.

Can anyone suggest any solutions to this? I'd call Customer Services, but they're closed at the moment.

Cheers,
Gopha.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 19 of 23

RE: Renewed - but not exactly...!!

Wish I could help you there Gopha, but all those sales questions are looked after by Customer Service. They'll be open in the morning, give them a buzz or use the online chat then.
DaGopha
Former Member
Message 20 of 23

RE: Renewed - but not exactly...!!

Cheers - that's what Online Chat have just told me as well. I'll call 'em in the morning and report back.

Incidentally - I've just discovered that the link to "Renew" from My Account is different to the link that comes up when you press the "Renew" button on the expiration-notification pop-up.

My Account "Renew" takes you to the purchase page for "McAfee VirusScan Plus" (£45.99).

Expiration-notification pop-up "Renew" takes you to the purchase page for "3-User McAfee VirusScan Plus" (£44.99).

Looks like they're completely different beasts.

Hopefully CS will be able to merge the purchase so that I get renewed and don't need to reinstall. Either that, or I'll need a refund on "McAfee VirusScan Plus" so that I can 'renew'(!) "3-User McAfee VirusScan Plus" via the alternative route.

But surely common sense would dictate that they should be one-and-the-same for existing customers?

Cheers,
Goph.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community