cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bullied
Former Member
Message 61 of 63

Re: Real time scanning not detecting tracking cookies , is it detecting anything?

I'm surprised I'm here at all because registration was brutal and navigation so far eludes me.  This won't be too long since I'll probably never be able to find it again and doubt that I'll even be able to enter it.

I've got tracking cookies piling up on myu machine and can'tr get them deleted.  I used to be able to view them individually in windows and delete the offensive ones but nothing seems to take them out at all any more and the computer just bogs down often.  I don't want anyone at all tracking my computer usage anyway.  I don't want junk mail and unsolicited phone calls.  No one has a right to look over my shoulder and it seems this is exactly what has been going on for weeks now. 

I called McAfee and they downloaded a cleaning tool for me but it doesn't seem to be removing cookies. 

I guess I'll just say hello and goodbye in the same post. 

Unhappy-bunny
Former Member
Message 62 of 63

Re: Real time scanning not detecting tracking cookies , is it detecting anything?

It looks to be a permanent thing there's another thread here https://community.mcafee.com/thread/41529?start=0&tstart=0

Regards the cookies I don't know if running disk cleanup or deleting temp files as described in this thread https://community.mcafee.com/thread/40667might help (I know that you shouldn't have to, but it might do for the moment).

Also I always create a restore point before doing anything (just in case )

Hopefully someone who knows a bit more will come along.

Good luck.

Peacekeeper
Message 63 of 63

Asking the high level bods

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community